In these posts I want to share some of my favorite pieces, which will include wall hangings, small works, pillows, purses, and just because pieces, enjoy!
Gentle Ladies Needle Keep
The needle keep and pincushion roll were created for my book, Hand Embroidery Stitching, by C&T Publishing. The crazy-pieced needle keep is comprised of both solid and cotton prints with grosgrain ribbon and rickrack trim. The embroidery stitches were worked in cotton floss, perle cotton #8 and #12, and glass seed beads. Additional embellishments include fun novelty shaped buttons. The pincushion and roll are made from felt, with a wooden spool as the base. Both are embellished with rickrack trim, seed beads, and novelty shaped buttons. Here is a handout for Free Pincushion Instructions.
Needle Keep: Embroidery Stitches Used
- Border rows: feather stitch with chain-stitch edge, fern stitch modern, running stitch, chain stitch feathered, blanket stitch short-long, blanket stitch, chevron stitch, cross stitch row, blanket stitch locked zipper, stem stitch, herringbone stitch overlaid, blanket stitch crossed, petal stitch, backstitch, string of pearls stitch, fly stitch netted, fishnet stitch, blanket stitch angled, rickrack trim with straight stitch details
- Decorative stitches: Fly stitch, lazy daisy tulip stitch, straight stitch, fly stitch with lazy daisy stitch, lazy daisy stitch
- Detail stitches: French knot stitch, straight stitch
- Vignette stitches: Spiderweb corner stitch, button spider, grouped French knot and straight stitches, stacked bead stitch, clustered buttons
Pincushion Roll: Embroidery Stitches Used
- Border row: rickrack trim with bell flower stitch, seed bead details
- Stem and flowers: chain stitch, lazy daisy stitch, buttons
Happy Stitching to You! Christen
PS: If you wish to see more of my work, check out the Gallery section.