Question: Are you looking for inspiration, a little kick start, or just some eye candy? I have a few books that may help you on your creative journey, may that be a long and happy one!
Here is a re-cap of National Sewing Month 2022:
- September 1, 2022– Question: When did you first learn to sew, and who was your teacher?
- September 2, 2022– Question: How do you design a project, do you start with a plan or do you let the materials tell you what and where they want to be?
- September 3, 2022– Question: What type of piecing do you like to do?
- September 4, 2022– Question: When you choose a fabric, what are you drawn to, do you like to work with solids or prints, or hand-dyed or batiks?
- September 5, 2022– Question: Do you like to recycle old clothing, or use something in an unexpected way?
- September 6, 2022– Question: What type of embellishments to you like to work with on your projects?
- September 7, 2022– Question: Do you plan out every detail, or do you approach your work with serendipity?
- September 8, 2022– Question: Do you like to make and sew your own jewelry and adornments?
- September 9, 2022– Question: Did you know that the wooden spools that you have in your stash may be 50-100 years or older?
- September 10, 2022– Question: Do you have a favorite pincushion, or two?
- September 11, 2022– Rustic Americana, In Memory of 9/11
- September 12, 2022– Question: When you design a project, do you sometimes think, hmm I like that, but I want to try it in another colorway or design?
- September 13, 2022– Question: Do you plan out a project, with bits and pieces of paper lying around the workroom with your notes, or do you use a dedicated book to keep track of all of those ideas?
- September 14, 2022– Question: Do you name or title your projects, and how do you choose those names?
- September 15, 2022– Question: Do like to work with felt?
- September 16, 2022– Question: What sewer does not have a favorite pin or needle keep?
- September 17, 2022– Question: Do you sew functional forms for the home, or do you like to create whimsical additions?
- September 18, 2022– Question: Do you like to crazy-piece, but sometimes find the sections so small, that it is hard to embroider every seam?
- September 19, 2022– Question: Do you like to embroider over a pattern or print?
- September 20, 2022– Question: When you embroider a piece, do you like to use free-form images or do you use stencils?
- September 21, 2022– Question: When you create a strip-pieced base, do you embroider the seams, in the seams or over the seams?
- September 22, 2022– Question: What sewer hasn’t heard of the Sunbonnet Sue?
- September 23, 2022– Question: Do you sew functional forms or do you like to create fabulous frivolities?
- September 24, 2022– Question: Do you like to add lace to your creations?
- September 25, 2022– Question: When you are working with a group of fabrics, how do you decide what colors to use for the embroidery stitches?
- September 26, 2022– Question: What kind of sewing machine did you learn to sew on, and, what kind of machine do you sew on now?
- September 27, 2022– Question: When you see a hanky used in a project, do you ever think of Rhett Buttler’s comment to Scarlet: “Never, at any crisis of your life, have I known you to have a handkerchief.”
- September 28, 2022– Question: Do you ever hold on to a piece of fabric, and think, someday, I will use that?
- September 29, 2022– Question: When you buy a charm pack, do you often find that there are prints that you think, hmm, how did those get included in here?
I hope that you have enjoyed this month, and have found some inspiration within these pages.
Happy Stitching, ~Christen