There are 122 realistic flowers, leaves and garden extras included in the book, with experience levels from easy to advanced. The flowers are showcased in six different garden settings, offering you an array of small, medium and large flowers, each paired with a leaf to create a perfect combination.
There are photographed step-by-step instructions for each of the 122 examples. In addition each project has a comprehensive cutting chart, listed with the types of ribbon that are suitable for each flower/leaf combination, included with little extras such as French knots or beads.
There are over 14 basic techniques, some traditional and some that have been created especially for this book. There is a complete compendium with ribbon styles, selection and care, and troubleshooting tips with several gallery pages and examples sprinkled throughout the book for inspiration.
Please Note: These are flowers made from ribbon that is cut, folded or pieced and then stitched into shape. This is not ribbon embroidery where the ribbon is threaded into a needle, then stitched into the fabric and embroidered.
Embroidered and Embellished
This richly illustrated reference guide from embroidery expert Christen Brown covers everything you need to make beautiful magic with needle and thread. Learn to sew traditional and silk ribbon embroidery, make raised stitches, and embellish with beads, charms, buttons, and mirrors. Christen shows you how to combine and place stitches to enhance a finished piece and how to work with embroidery threads, ribbons, fabrics, laces, beads, buttons, and other embellishments.
• Step-by-step photo instructions show exactly how to sew 85 different stitches
• Includes 8 complete embroidery projects to stitch and embellish
• The essential embroidery reference for everyone from beginners to experts
Gather, twist, and stitch an array of flowers from elegant ribbons and lace. Christen Brown, author of best-selling Ribbonwork Gardens, shares 132 flowers, leaves, and garden extras – each with complete instructions and colorful how-to photos. Readers will learn clever twists on vintage ribbonwork construction, plus hand-sewing basics and an overview of techniques. Fashion your own floral arrangements from interchangeable petals and leaves, two never-before-seen stem designs, and swappable centers. A gallery of bouquets will inspire you to craft realistic blooms, embellished with fruit, flourishes, and garden accessories. From single-stem posies to bountiful bouquets, this collection has something for everyone.
• 130+ exciting floral elements to sew from ribbon and lace
• Custom floral creations! Mix and match petals, centers, and greenery
• Embellish wearables, accessories, and home decor with hand-stitched details
• Step-by-step photos make everyone an expert
• Learn beginner-friendly construction tips from ribbonwork master Christen Brown
The Embroidery Book
Enjoy the tranquility of slow stitching with this step-by-step, visual guide to 149 embroidery stitches, motifs, and extras. Go beyond basic color theory–robust color charts take the guesswork out of choosing thread, silk ribbon, buttons, beads, and trims. Then take your embroidery to the next level with luxurious seam treatments and stunning stand-alone designs! Best-selling author Christen Brown’s traditional and contemporary techniques are showcased in a colorful gallery of crazy-quilted projects.
Embroidery Stencils The Essential Collection
This is a collection of 4 easy-to-use stitch templates to be used for crazy-quilting and embroidery. Just position the stencil where desired and mark your designs with a quilter’s pencil to get your embroidery off to an accurate start!
The expert instructions and tips in the complete 16-page how-to booklet give you confidence in where and how to make your stitches, while the decorative and inventive designs add an unexpected creative element.
Laser-cut durable, translucent, medium-weight plastic, the stencils are easy to handle and create perfect markings every time. Create an endless number of unique designs to embroider: hearts, flowers, baskets, butterflies, spiderwebs, vines, feather stitches, and more. Perfect for crazy-quilting projects–flexible, see-through templates make it easy to see your fabric and seams and perfectly position your design! 4 compact stencils come with a handy storage pouch and fit nicely into your sewing kit.
Embroidery Stitching Handy Pocket Guide
30+ Stitches • All The Basics & Beyond
Keep over thirty essential embroidery stitches at your fingertips
Get the pocket guide to embroidery that everyone’s talking about—a sixty-four page mini book that’s perfect to take on the go! Keep your favorite stitches within reach, with this all-in-one reference for hand stitchers, crazy quilters, and free-form embroiderers. Learn the best stabilizers and thread for embroidery from expert Christen Brown, then branch out with embellishments, beads, and charms. This petite paperback is the perfect size for your purse or sewing kit.
• Take it with you anywhere!
• Quick and easy reference to over thirty embroidery stitches—both starter stitches and more advanced combinations
• Beef up your needlework know-how with expertise on everything from choosing threads to adding embellishments
• Fall in love with embroidery all over again, and share this giftable guide with everyone you know who loves to sew
Beaded Embroidery Stitching
Add dimension and luster to your sewing projects! Inspired by the magic of beads, buttons, and charms, Christen Brown shares 8 stunning beadwork projects from brooches and bracelets to wallhangings. A handy visual guide to 125 bead embroidered and bead woven stitches categorizes each stitch by style, with a second alphabetical index to keep at your fingertips. A robust project gallery will inspire crafters of all skill levels, from embroiderers and sewists to crazy quilters, mixed media artists, and jewelry makers.
• Beads, buttons, and charms! Dabble in 125 bead embroidery and bead woven stitches
• Embellish 8 projects from bedazzled jewelry to wall art and a sewing caddy
• Search both the complete visual guide (with stitches organized by type) and the A-to-Z stitch index for easy reference
The Darling Motif Collection
This second collection of four easy-to-use stitch templates. Following up on the Essential Collection, these delightful stencil designs include over one hundred popular motifs, such as garden elements, household items, vintage sewing accessories, the alphabet, and more. Select, mark and stitch! It’s so easy to embroider accurately! The expert instructions and tips in the complete sixteen-page how-to booklet give you confidence in where and how to make your stitches. Made of laser-cut, durable, translucent, medium-weight plastic, the stencils are easy to handle and create perfect markings every time.
- Choose from a huge number of delightful designs to embroider: a teapot, pincushion, watering can, ladybug, rose, vase, scissors, key, butterfly, and more
- Flexible, see-through templates make it easy to see your fabric and seams and perfectly position your design!
- Four compact, durable stencils fit nicely into your sewing kit and are built to last
- 5″ x 9″
- 4 plastic 4 x 8 stencils, 16p instruction booklet