I have enjoyed posting this weekly installment on my blog, and I hope that you have enjoyed reading them, however I think that it is time to take a much needed break… This year has flown by for me, and I frankly have no idea how it became May 23, 2023.
I started the year, upgrading my teaching skills, to this century, and learning how to navigate the process of “video-style” learning. I created a class for Creative Spark, Upcycle it with Embellishments, and enjoyed the entire process.
I spent February through April of this year, promoting my newest book, Creative Embroidery, Mixing the Old with the New. I was able to have many friends involved in the series of blog posts that I wrote for C&T’s blog, as well as my own. In addition my newest line of Embroidery Stencils, Crazy Quilt Seam Designs debuted in March. I designed a Free Project, and wrote a series of blog posts to help introduce the readers, to this product.
I also created a lecture and class for C&T’s symposium, Embroidery Extravaganza, which was held on a Zoom platform, May 11, 2023. I needed to learn even more “tech skills”, which was a bit scary at times. Throughout the process I began to realize how much I needed to learn, and that this was going to be a challenge, as well as a humbling experience, due to my lack of tech-savvy knowledge.
That being said I have new projects on the horizon, that I will need to spend time on, and turn my focus to these. I will not be posting on Tips and Tea on Tuesdays for the summer, and probably through the fall. I will also be cutting back on my other two weekly posts, but may occasionally install a Friday’s Favorite, or a Slow Stitchin’ on Sunday Mornings entry.
New things to look forward to:
- I will be giving a series of short lectures for the Quilt Festival Long Beach, July 8, 2023.
- I will be creating a series of embroidery classes for Creative Spark this summer, and will update you all on the availability of these classes.
- I have a new product coming out, Periodic Table of Embroidery Stitches Poster, available for pre-order through C&T Publishing, and will debut in stores after September 24, 2023.
- I will be giving a series of short lectures for the Quilt Festival Houston, November 2-5, 2023.
- I am writing an article for AQS Magazine, which will be featured in the March 2024 publication.
- I am also working on a new product, that will be available next year, June 2024. Details will follow.
- Lastly, I am also working on my next book, this will be available sometime in 2025. Details will follow.
Be kind to yourself, be fair, and understand your limits.
Happy tea drinking and stitching to you, I have enjoyed meeting and talking to you all! ~Christen
PS: If you have any questions or thoughts, just leave a comment! See Tips, Tricks, the Basics, for more helpful ideas.