In these posts I want to share some of my favorite pieces, which will include wall hangings, small works, pillows, purses, and just because pieces, enjoy!
Merrily We Go Around
This piece was featured in my book, The Embroidery Book, by C&T Publishing. I started with a square of linen fabric, and machine stitched a spiral in a variegated green thread. Then the slow stitching started. The embroidery is worked in cotton floss: four colors of green, and 13 flower colors. There are five flower designs, each with a a stalk and leaf, two vine designs, and one small flower. The eight stitched components were repeated over the spiral.
Embroidery Stitches Used
- Stalks: outline stitch, lazy daisy stitch
- Flowers: lazy daisy stitch flowers (3, 4, 5, and 6 petals) using the lazy daisy stitch and lazy daisy bullion tip stitch
- Detail stitches: 3-wrap French knot stitch, straight stitch, fly stitch
- Small flowers: French knot stitch flower, lazy daisy stitch
- Vines: feather stitch, chain stitch, lazy daisy stitch
- Details: 3-wrap French knot stitch
Happy Stitching to You! Christen
PS: If you wish to see more of my work, check out the Gallery section.