The Embroidery Corner
The Embroidery Corner is a 16-week course that will introduce the student to hand embroidery techniques including traditional stitches using perle cotton and cotton floss; silk embroidery ribbon stitches using silk ribbon especially made for embroidery; and bead embroidery stitches using seed beads, buttons and charms. It is required that you buy my book Embroidered and Embellished as I refer to the book during each class.
Each class will cover one embroidery stitch and it’s variations; or several related stitches and variations. These stitches included border row, decorative and detail stitches. The stitches will be worked on a muslin sampler that you can turn into a book of samplers. You will receive a handout for each class, which explains the stitch, how to use the stitch, and the variations of the stitch.
The first day of the series I will have a 15 minute lecture that covers the Embroidery Basics for the first 12 classes. I will also have a basic lecture for bead and silk ribbon embroidery stitches.
Here is a list of the classes that are offered:
- Embroidery Basics/ Knots and Detail Stitches
- Outline and Stem Stitches and More
- Lazy Daisy Stitch and Variations
- Chain Stitch and Variations
- Fly Stitch and Variations
- Feather Stitch and Variations
- Blanket Stitch and Variations
- Blanket and Buttonhole Shapes
- Cross, Herringbone and Chevron Stitches and their Variations
- Modern Fern and Cretan Stitches and their Variations
- Looped Stitches and Variations
- Bead Embroidery Basics/ Beaded Stitches and Variations
- Ribbon Embroidery Basics/ Ribbon Embroidery Stitches
- Woven Ribbon Embroidery Stitches and Variations
- Whip-Stitches and Variations
- Couched and Embroidered Trims
These classes are $20 per visit, you can attend any or all. The class fee includes a picture of the sampler and the written instructions for the class.
Date and time: This class is not currently scheduled.
For information on the series, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Stitching! ~Christen
Pingback: The Crazy Corner | Christen's Creations
Pingback: A Sampling of Samplers | Christen's Creations
Pingback: Roll of Stitches | Christen's Creations
Pingback: Embroidery Corner Samples | Christen's Creations
Pingback: The Embroidery Corner Stitch Library | Christen's Creations
Pingback: Current Classes At Beverly’s | Christen's Creations
Pingback: Embroidery Samplers | Christen's Creations