In these posts I want to share some of my favorite pieces, which will include wall hangings, small works, pillows, purses, and just because pieces. The piece below is a new piece that I just created, based on a Project by Design, called Hankies and Lace Collage, form my book Creative Embroidery, Mixing the Old with the New.
In the Pink: This piece started with four sections of a printed hanky, that had a lovely little scalloped edge. I paired this with four tea linens, vintage jacquard ribbon, cotton lace, a cotton applique and a vintage tatted applique. The center piece, was embroidered by a dear friend Gloria Mckinnon, and I held onto it, until I found just the right project to use it in. I sprinkled vignettes of silk ribbon embroidery, throughout the piece.
- Silk Embroidery Ribbons: 2mm, 4mm, and 7mm
- Perle Cotton: #8 and #12; tatting cotton
- Embellishments: Glass seed beads and charms, vintage sequins, and vintage buttons
- Border Row Stitches: Blanket stitch, blanket stitch up and down, blanket and chain stitch, and chain stitch
- Detail Stitch: Lazy daisy stitch, French knot stitch, and straight stitch
- Silk Embroidery Stitches: Woven rose stitch, woven rose stitch variation, Ellen Matilda’s rose stitch, French knot bud stitch, ribbon stitch, lazy daisy stitch, and French knot stitch
- Beaded Embroidery Stitches: Single bead stitch, stacked bead stitch
Want to learn more about embroidery, and specifically silk ribbon embroidery?
I will be the keynote speaker for the Creative Spark, EMBROIDERY EXTRAVAGANZA! I will also be teaching a class on SILK RIBBON EMBROIDERY.
If you click on the link, you will receive $20.00 off the price of the four hour event.
Happy Stitching to you all! ~Christen