In these posts I want to share some of my favorite pieces, which will include wall hangings, small works, pillows, purses, and just because pieces.
My Crazy Valentine: This piece started with an embroidered heart, that had been a greeting card, stitched by my mom. I crazy-pieced around the center section with two different colors of green silk fabric. I framed the center section with two strips of a lovely vintage edging and insertion laces. I hand-stitched ribbonwork flowers from an ombre ribbon, and sprinkled these in vignettes throughout the piece. The stitches are worked in silk ribbon embroidery, and perle cotton. Embellishments include vintage mother-of-perle buttons, glass beads, metal and glass charms.
- Silk Embroidery Ribbon: 2mm, 4mm, 7mm
- Perle Cotton: #8, #12
- Cotton Floss: 2 or 3 strands
- Woven ribbon
- Embellishments: vintage mother-of-pearl buttons, glass seed beads, and glass and metal charms
- Border Row Stitches: Modern fern stitch, feather stitch, stem stitch, and couched ribbon stitch
- Detail Stitch: Lazy daisy stitch, French knot stitch
- Silk Embroidery Stitches: Woven rose stitch, rosette stitch, ruched rose stitch, ribbon stitch, lazy daisy stitch, and French knot stitch
- Beaded Embroidery Stitches: Single bead stitch, stacked bead stitch
Want to learn more about embroidery, and specifically silk ribbon embroidery?
I will be the keynote speaker for the Creative Spark, EMBROIDERY EXTRAVAGANZA! I will also be teaching a class on SILK RIBBON EMBROIDERY.
If you click on the link, you will receive $20.00 off the price of the four hour event.
Happy Stitching to you all! ~Christen