In these posts I want to share some of my favorite pieces, which will include wall hangings, small works, pillows, purses, and just because pieces. The piece below is featured in my book, Creative Embroidery, Mixing the Old with the New.
Lace and Rose Finery: This piece started with a piece of floral linen fabric, that had soft colors in beige, rose, and green. I collage-pieced a collection of very lovely, fine, bits of exquisite vintage lace. This collection of lace was given to me by my sister-in-laws mother’s husband, which had belonged to his mother, Evonne.
- Silk Embroidery Ribbon: 2mm, 4mm, 7mm
- Perle Cotton: #8, #12
- Cotton Floss: 2 or 3 strands
- Embellishments: vintage glass and metal buttons, glass seed and bugle beads, and glass charms
- Border Row Stitches: Blanket stitch, blanked stitch up and down, blanket stitch knotted, stem stitch, and chain stitch
- Vines: Feather stitch with lazy daisy stitches, feather stitch with French knot stitches, and chain stitch with lazy daisy stitches
- Decorative and Detail Stitches: Lazy daisy stitch, fly stitch, and French knot stitch
- Silk Embroidery Stitches: Woven rose stitch, woven rose variation stitch, old rose stitch, rosette stitch, French knot bud stitch, ruched rose stitch, pointed petal stitch, ribbon stitch, lazy daisy stitch, and French knot stitch
- Beaded Embroidery Stitches: Single bead stitch, stacked bead stitch
Want to learn more about embroidery, and specifically silk ribbon embroidery?
I will be the keynote speaker for the Creative Spark, EMBROIDERY EXTRAVAGANZA! I will also be teaching a class on SILK RIBBON EMBROIDERY.
If you click on the link, you will receive $20.00 off the price of the four hour event.
Happy Stitching to you all! ~Christen