Creative Embroidery, Mixing the Old with the New
Create with your stash, vintage and new!
Put all stashed, hoarded, and handed-down bits and pieces to creative use! Popular author Christen Brown walks readers through innovative uses for all kinds of embellishments — like lace, vintage linens and hankies, trims and ribbons, buttons of all sorts, and vintage notions — through techniques and projects. If you want to add more unique stash pieces, she provides tips on finding the good stuff, both in-person and online. Get tips for taking care of your treasures; from cleaning vintage finds to fiber identification.
- Embroider your stashed treasures with 3 projects by design, and 17+ stash project ideas and a robust gallery to get started
- Explore a wide variety of projects and examples from feminine to whimsical, functional to frivolous, and old school to contemporary
- Illustrations included on how to add embroidery stitches to seams, lace, rickrack, and hankies, with a library of 100+ stitches
Embroidery Stencils, Crazy Quilt Seam Design Collection
90 Easy-to-Mark Designs; Endless Seam Combinations; Designed for Crazy Quilt Embroidery
Perfect crazy quilting seam designs every time
Create and embroider an endless number of crazy quilting seam designs with this collection of four 4” x 8” durable plastic stencils and instruction booklet. Designed for crazy quilt embroidery, the stencils feature 90 seam design motifs to mix and match. Flexible, durable, translucent templates make seeing your fabric and seams easy! Just position the stencil where desired, trace your designs with your favorite washable pen or pencil, and get your embroidery off to a creative and accurate start!
- 4 easy-to-use stencils are flexible, durable, and translucent, making it easy to see your fabric and seams to perfectly position and mark your design
- Clear instructions in the 16-page how-to booklet include suggested embroidery stitches, make this perfect for beginners
- A variety of motifs provide inspiration and convenience for the most experienced crazy quilt embroidery enthusiast
Happy Stitching! ~Christen
Exciting news! Fresh and stimulating ideas on the way.