Stitch Along Sampler
This is an 18-week series that explores the different aspects of embroidery and the stitches learned in the Embroidery Corner series. The design and stitching time for each square will be covered in two consecutive week intervals. This is a perfect project, as you can step into the session at the beginning of a square, and work your way through the project as your time allows. The finished project can become a wall hanging or pillow.
There will be 9 separate squares of fabric that will have an embroidered design on them. The embroidered designs will also include whole cloth, applique, ribbonwork and other aspects of embellished embroidery. The squares can be stitched onto a base fabric, or stitched together. The finished piece can be made into a pillow or a wall hanging. My book Embroidered and Embellished is a required supply.
Square #1: Merrily We Go Around $30.00 (traditional embroidery stitches)
- #1A: transfer base design; embroider base, vines and stalks
- #1B: embroider large flowers, fill in flowers, dragonfly
Square #2: Rose and Grape Vine $30.00 (lace applique, traditional, raised and textured and silk ribbon embroidery stitches)
- #2A: stitch applique, transfer base design; embroider vine, branches, and grapes
- #2B: embroider roses, fill in flowers, leaves and charms
Square #3: Vase with Flowers $30.00 (applique, ribbonwork flowers, traditional and silk ribbon embroidery stitches)
- #3A: cut out applique shape and fuse to base; embroider edge; stitch ribbonwork flowers
- #3B: embroider feather stitch vine, embroider leaves, small details
Square #4: Embroidered Heart $30.00 (traditional, raised and textured embroidery stitches)
- #4A: transfer base design; embroider first and second layers of heart design
- #4B: embroider third, fourth and fifth layers of heart design
Square #5: Four Square $30.00 (traditional and silk ribbon embroidery stitches)
- #5A: transfer design, embroider squares
- #5B: embroider squares
Square #6: Embroidered Fan $30.00 (traditional embroidery stitches)
- #6A: transfer base design; embroider edges and sections
- #6B: embroider large flowers and fill in flowers
Square #7: Basket of Flowers $30.00 (applique, ribbonwork flowers, traditional and silk ribbon embroidery stitches)
- #7A: cut out applique shape and fuse to base; embroider edge; stitch couched ribbon handle and bow
- #7B: embroider flowers and leaves
Square #8: Embroidered Chorus $30.00 (traditional, raised and textured embroidery stitches)
- #8A: transfer base design; embroider edges and sections, and large flowers
- #8B: embroider medium and small flowers and fill ins
Square #9: Wreath of Roses $30.00 (traditional and silk ribbon embroidery stitches)
- #9A: transfer base design; embroider borders and roses
- #9B: embroider fill in flowers and leaves
The Finishing Hour $10.00
Whether you have made all nine square or just a few you have many options for finishing the project. The squares can be grouped with all nine blocks to make a wall hanging; or grouped together in fours for a smaller wall hanging or even a pillow. One square can be backed with a wide ribbon as hung an individual wall piece, or group several together for a longer section. The question is what will you do with your blocks?
These classes are listed with the price per visit.
Date and time: This class is not currently on the schedule.
For information on the series, please contact me: email@example.com
The above class fees reflect the content, the handout and any supplies noted in the description of each specific class. Once the fee of a class is paid for, you will receive a handout in an email, which will need to be printed and brought to class.
Happy Stitching! ~Christen
I hope this class is repeated this fall. Sounds like a wonderful class, but the timing won’t work this summer with my schedule.
The class will be on-going, and the first sampler will begin again in October.
Pingback: Stitch Along Sampler: Student’s Work | Christen's Creations
Pingback: Current Classes At Beverly’s | Christen's Creations
Pingback: Day 2 of HEARTS: Embroidered Heart | Christen's Creations
Pingback: Day 22 of FLOWERS GALORE! | Christen's Creations
Pingback: Friday’s Favorites: Embroidered Hearts of Course, A Heart a Day: 10 | Christen's Creations