printer friendly image
Suggestions for use of this pattern are: create a vest, purse, pillow, or other unique artwork with these techniques: silk ribbon embroidery, bead and button embellishment.
Come and enjoy a day spent with the finer things in life: silk ribbon embroidery, tapestry fabrics, and (of course) some beads. This is a technique class; the stitches that you will learn are embroidered on a piece of muslin so you can use for reference later. You will also learn to make a few flowers from satin ribbon to further enhance your creation. There will be a few beading tips as well. The Prerequisite class is Garden Brooches.
The project that will help to prepare you for this project is Garden Brooches.
The class handout includes the instructions for the silk ribbon embroidery and the embellishment, it does NOT INCLUDE a garment, purse or pillow pattern.
- 1 day/ 6 hr.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisite: none
- Supply list available after class time is determined.
The class fee does not include any supplies, only the teacher's time and the handout. This is a technique project therefore you will not have a completed project at the end of the class.
- A Private Lesson held at my studio for one to three students is held for a minimum of three hours/maximum of six hours. Cost per hour is $20.00 for each student. Estimated total: $60.00/$120.00 per student, this time frame will not allow everything covered in the handout.
- A Group Lesson held at a store or other location for four to seven students will cost $48.00 per student for the group for the 6 hr. day.
- A Group Lesson held at a store or other location for eight to fifteen students will cost $375.00 for the group for the 6 hr. day.
- For further details see Class Terms for Groups.
Clear line drawings illustrate the ribbon embroidery techniques used to create this vest. Hint if you don't want to make a vest make a pillow or a purse. Please note the booklet does not include the vest pattern.
This booklet is printed in black on colored 8-1/2" x 11" reprographic paper and comes enclosed in a clear, resealable plastic bag.
For a photograph of the completed project, click on the printer image above to print from your system.
$17.50 + shipping & handling (added after you enter contact information during PayPal checkout)
[California residents must pay sales tax]